In addition to providing psychotherapy to families, couples and individuals, I also present conferences and workshops to professional groups and organizations.
WHY INVITE ME TO PRESENT A CONFERENCE?
Here are some good reasons:
² Focus attention on time and priority management
² Deepen self understanding and self awareness
² Increase the emotional intelligence of managers and/or
² Build morale and team spirit
² Improve teamwork and increase appreciation for interpersonal
² Increase stress resilience
² Encourage openness to change
² Manage demotivation or absenteeism
² Develop leadership “soft skills”
² Promote a better work-life balance
EXPLORE THREE OF MY MOST POPULAR CONFERENCE THEMES
THE SCHOOL OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
o What is EQ (Emotional Intelligence), and why might it matter
more than IQ?
o How can I increase my EQ?
o How will improving EQ improve workplace morale and
o How can I better manage anger and anxiety?
o How can I find joy in my workplace?
DON’T STRESS OUT ABOUT YOUR STRESS!
o What is the difference between “good stress” and “bad stress”?
o How does my body let me know that I am dealing with too much
o How can I manage my stress more effectively?
o How can I prevent burnout?
o How can I achieve a better work-life balance?
o How might change and transition in my workplace affect me,
and how can I adapt more effectively (or help my employees
adapt more effectively) to change?
o How are people different?
o How can accepting and appreciating differences help in conflict
o How can an understanding of Psychological Type/ my MBTI©
(Myers-Briggs Type Indicator©) results help improve morale and
productivity in my workplace?
o How can I effectively communicate with people who are very
different from me?
OTHER CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
Feel free to email or call me at
(514) 213-5502 if you would like more information about these additional themes:
STRESS AND DEPRESSION
• Burnout Prevention 101
• “I Don’t Want to Talk About It”: Depression in Men
• A Change is Coming: Preparing for Transition
• A Respectful Workplace: The Opposite of Harassment
• The Challenge of Striking a Work-Life Balance
• Improving Your Listening
• How to Listen but Not Take It Home with You
• Dealing with Difficult People
• “Forever Young”: How to Prevent Premature Emotional Aging
and Hardening of the Attitudes
PERSONAL AND FAMILY LIFE
• Effective Communication for the Couple
• Preparing for the Second Half of Life: The Psychological and
Emotional Dimensions of Retirement
• Surviving Midlife: “The Hero’s Journey”
• Respecting Your Child—and the Child Within
• Preventing Burnout in Your Child
• Deepening Emotional Intelligence in Your Family
• “The Happiness Machine”: Building a Fully-Functioning Family
• Manhood: Pass It On!
• Helping Your Child Survive a Divorce
• The Art of Play
• “Know Thyself” (career orientation for adolescents)
• “Take the Stairs”: Or, Why Faster is Not Necessarily Better
• Blended Families: Making Them Work!
• Reducing the Clutter in Your Life
TESTIMONIALS AND COMMENTS from participants
Participants in my conferences have consistently given me the following feedback:
• clear and easy to follow
• practical and strategic
• geared towards concrete change
• insightful and thought-provoking
• humorous and fun!
Since 1997, I have presented conferences and workshops to corporate clients in Montreal, Laval, Sherbrooke, Quebec City, Ottawa, Longueuil and other locations on Montreal’s South Shore
• APAMM (l’Association des parents et amis de la
personne atteinte de maladie mentale)
• Bank of Montréal
• Bombardier Aerospace
• CADRE (Centre d’animation, de développement et
de recherche en éducation)
• Canadian Museum of Civilization (Gatineau)
• CHSLD Lucille-Teasdale
• CLSC – des Mille-Iles (Laval), Jardin du Québec (St-
Rémi), René-Cassin, Saint-Laurent, Villeray
• Commission des lesions professionnelles du
• Commission scolaire des Grandes-Seigneuries
• CSST – Chaudière-Appalaches, Joliette, Laurentides,
Laval, Mauricie (Trois-Rivières), Montréal, Yamaska
• Department of Justice – Legislative Services Branch
• Department of National Defense
• Douglas Hospital
• École Notre-Dame-St-Joseph (La Prairie)
• École Saint-Jude (Châteauguay)
• El Ran Furniture
• Galilée Formation
• Hewitt Equipment Limited
• Institut Universitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal
• Joseph Martz Opticien/ Opti-Club
• Loyola High School
• Maisonneuve College
• McGill University – Music Department
• McGill University – Psychology Department
• Quebec Bar Association
• Riverside School Board
• ShowBouffe Marketing
• Société québécoise d’information juridique
• Statistics Canada
• Tewatohnhi’saktha Economic Development
• Weir Canada Inc.
• West Montreal Readaptation Centre
Advantages in working with me rather than with a large firm would be that:
• Your access to me is direct, not via a third party;
• I take the time to get to know you in order to
personalize content, and
• I am able to tailor-fit a conference to your specific
My preference is to work with groups of 30 or less; this allows for discussion and interaction between participants, which facilitates learning. (I have presented to groups of several hundred, but out of necessity there is less interaction!) All conferences and workshops can be adapted to your needs—we will always discuss special characteristics of your audience and your situation when we are contracting a group session.
Content may be adapted to the needs of companies, schools, work teams or couples and families.
| 1-1½ hours
| 3 hours (half day)
| 6 hours (full day)
| 2 day workshop
+ Travel time and km if outside of the
+ Hand-out documents (unless you choose to
photocopy them yourself)